Founded in the year 1636 , the Harvard University has grown and developed into one of the foremost academic institutions in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The Harvard University is a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Harvard’s endowment is rated at $53.2 billion, making it the largest of any academic institution. Endowment income helps enable the undergraduate college to admit students regardless of financial need and provide generous financial aid with no loans. The Harvard University Library is the world’s biggest academic library system, made up of 79 individual libraries holding about 20.4 million items.
At Harvard University , resident and international students can apply and attain their academic pursuit with the aid of its professionals and resources on the campuses. The Harvard University places primary priority on its role as a teaching and learning university institution.
Harvard University are well acknowledged all over the world for their topmost academic distinction.
In its bid to assist students, some financial aid programs and scholarships have been instituted, one of which is the Undergraduate and Graduate scholarships for local and international at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The Undergraduate Scholarship:
In its bid to provide financial leverage to exceptional students, The Harvard University proffers scholarship and other financial grants to about 70% of the freshly admitted undergraduates. About 60% students of the applying students also receive need-based scholarships which is an average of $12,000 per year for four years.
- You must be an undergraduate
- Must have been admitted into Harvard University
- Ability to demonstrate strong financial needs
The Michel David-Weill Scholarship:
Known as one of the most prestigious and competitive scholarships at the Harvard University, it provides $80,000 for the sort out students. It is an undergraduate scholarship for students who have already been admitted into the university. The scholarship is open to international students, but due to its competitiveness, higher preference is given to US citizens over others.
- Be an undergraduate at Harvard University
- Being an American citizen also increases your chances
The Postgraduates Scholarship:
HBS Forward Fellowship is one of the long-lasting fellowships at Harvard and it is awarded to students every year. Founded solely to support students from low-income families, this fellowship offers between $10,000 and $20,000 to qualified students.
- Have enrolled in MBA program at Harvard Business School
- Come from a low-income family
- Demonstrate strong financial needs and show evidence of family low income
A. The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Population and Development Studies Fellowship
It is hosted by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, this fellowship is mainly a research scholarship targeted at students—both US and international post-doctoral researchers. It is for a two-year research and leadership training in the field of population and labor force. This fellowship provides scholars with office space, health insurance, travel allowance, library usage, research funds, and a monthly payment of $60,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a PhD student or a post-doctoral student
- Mainly interested in research on the aging population and workforce
B. The Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program:
This scholarship is designed as a result of Harvard University’s commitment to improving talented students who are interested in environment-related research. It is founded by the Harvard University Center for the Environment to enable recent doctorate recipients to deploy Harvard’s extraordinary resources in solving environmental problems. The fellowship includes a salary of $70,000, health insurance, and $2,500 for travel and other professional expenses.
To be eligible:
- Candidate must submit a project proposal in the field which will be reviewed by the admission committee
- Seek a host faculty member who is willing to commit to mentoring the candidate
C. The Harvard Graduate Student Award:
The Harvard Graduate Student Award is designed to support students who are working on research on health challenges in the United Arabs Emirates. Regardless of the discipline, as long as the research is targeted at health-related issues, students may be qualified for this award. The eligibility criteria are:
- Be a student at Harvard University
- Be working on a dissertation on health-related issue
The Postdoctoral Research Studies Scholarship:
This is a is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of 67,000$. Each year, Academy Scholars are named for two-year appointments. The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Academy Scholars are expected to reside in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments unless traveling for pre-approved research purposes.
Harvard Academy Scholars Programs provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of 67,000$.
- If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of 31,000$ until awarded the PhD.
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- Some teaching is permitted but not required.
For you to be eligible for Harvard University Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Recent PhD (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a PhD should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars. If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline.