Boston University, United States Of America was founded in the year 1839 by Methodists with its native campus in Newbury, Vermont, before relocating to Boston in the year 1867.
Over the years, the institution has progressed to become a distinguished one, with over 4,000 faculty members and nearly 34,000 students, and is one of city of Boston’s biggest employers.
The university is an independent/ private university with its main campus located along the charles river in Boston’s fenway-kenmore and allston neighborhoods, while the Boston University Medical Campus is situated at the Boston’s south end neighborhood.
Currently, the Boston University offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctorates/ medical, dental, business, and law degrees through 17 schools and colleges on 3 urban campuses. It is categorized among R1: Doctoral Universities.
In its bid to assist students, some financial aid programs and scholarships have been instituted.
- Scholarship Base: USA
- Institution: Boston University
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Welfare: Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Prospective Applicants:
- International Students, U.S Citizens are eligible
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit award/scholarships
- International students are examined for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only
- Have the English Language Test. IELTS, TOEFL, or Duolingo English Test.
1. Trustee Scholarship:
Trustee scholarships is given to Competitive applicants who are among the most accomplished in their class and demonstrate exceptional engagement in their schools and communities should apply.
- Annual Value: Full tuition & fees
- Deadline: December 1
- No CSS Profile™ & FAFSA required
- Available to international students
2. National Merit Scholarship:
For those shortlisted in the National Merit Competition who designate BU as first choice college with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- Annual Value: Same as Presidential Scholarship
- Submitting the FAFSA and CSS Profile is recommended.
3. Presidential Scholarship:
The presidential scholarship is given to first-year students from around the globe who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement.
- Annual Value: $25,000
- Open to international students
Deadline for Application:
Appraisal of scholarship applications starts July 30 for fall and December 1 for spring. Applicants who have submitted completed scholarship applications by these dates will be given priority. Application appraisal continues throughout the year until all funds are granted.