Washington state university is a nationalized Institution of higher learning situated in Pullman, Washington, United States of America.
Instituted in the year 1890, it is one of the earliest land grant universities in United States of America and has progressed to become one of the largest University institution for higher learning in Washington State.
The University institution is classified among R1 Doctoral Universities .
In its bid to assist students, the university institution has instituted several financial aid programs for Local and international students, and one of which is the National Merit Scholarship for American Citizens.
National Merit Scholarship:
This scholarship is provided for students resident of United State of America.
Prospective applicants must be admitted into the institution, so as to be eligible for application
Scholarship could earn you a full tuition for over a four year duration.
For prospective applicants resident in Washington, the scholarship award worth is based on current in-state tuition rates for 2021-22, While for students resident outside Washington state, the scholarship award worth is based on current non-resident tuition rates for 2021-22.
- You apply for admission by January 31.
- List Washington state university as your first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Make yourself eligible for even more awards and resources
Completing the following applications will make you eligible for additional resources through Washington state university.
- Complete the Washington state university General Scholarship Application by January 31. It’s a simple application, and it’ll let Washington state university consider you for more than 700 scholarship programs.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). We use the FAFSA to see if you’re eligible for grants, work-study, and student loans. It also affects how we award need-based scholarships. Fill out the application between October 1 and January 31.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT TIPS ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP BELOW:
- You must enroll at Washington state university in the fall semester following your high school graduation in order to take advantage of this scholarship.
- Tuition awards valid for up to 18 credit hours per semester.
- Recipients of a National Merit Corporate sponsored award will have the amount of their scholarship reduced by the amount of the corporate award, so that it will not exceed the amount of tuition.
- This scholarship could be the first of many scholarships that you benefit from. However, the National Merit Scholarship cannot be combined with a Regents Scholar award, the University Achievement Award, the Cougar Award, WUE, or a visitation award at Washington state university.
- Students admitted into the Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine professional programs, and transfer students, are not eligible for this award or for renewal.