The Southern Methodist University has made public the 2020 Hunt Leadership Scholars Program to support undergraduate education in the United States.
The SMU Hunt award is a rare opportunity for scholars to learn from leaders. The award is open only for full-time domestic students who wish to study a first-time bachelor degree program.
SMU Hunt Scholarship USA (for US Students Only) is open to undertake Undergraduate level programs at Southern Methodist University.
Eligibility for application:
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open around the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant is available for first-year undergraduate study in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Only first-time, full-time domestic students are eligible for the Hunt Scholarship.
- Students must have Demonstrated Extraordinary Leadership.
Examples of such leadership may include- senior or junior class president or Student Council president, Editor-in-Chief of the school newspaper, founders of organisations, senior leadership in scouting or service organisations, Boys State or Girls State representative.
- Rank in the top 25% of graduating class
- Composite SAT 1330 (using the new scoring system) or ACT 29
- Completion of a strong college preparatory curriculum, typically including AP courses, IB courses, and honours classes. If the school does not rank students, then the expectation is a strong academic record.
Benefits and Value:
- For the Class : Selected SMU Hunt Scholars will get $43,000 an annual Hunt award or a total of $172,000 over four years.
- The Hunt Scholars may also be eligible for additional departmental grants or need-based aid for a total award package valued up to the cost of tuition and fees.
- Also, the Hunt Leadership support will cover the airfare and tuition costs for a leadership-based study abroad program immediately following each scholar’s sophomore year.
How to Apply:
- How to Apply: Applicants are in need to completed first-year application for admission to SMU before applying for SMU Hunt Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit supporting material for scholarship and admission as the following:
- Students applying for the Hunt award must provide an additional essay and YouTube video statement. Essays should be submitted online in Word or PDF. YouTube video statements link must be copied and pasted into the application form.
- Students applying for SMU must submit two letters of recommendation, official high school transcript, extracurricular resume, and official or Self-Reported SAT or ACT scores to- SMU Office of Undergraduate Admission, P.O. Box 750181, Dallas, TX 75275. Applicants can email one additional letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the above address.
- Admission Requirements: Furthermore to the GPA and SAT or ACT scores, the admissions committee considers several factors during the application process. Including classroom performance, the rigor of the high school curriculum, quality of essays and recommendations, additional activities, talent, character, and life experiences.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be excellent in English language proficiency (writing, speaking, and reading)
Sponsored by: Southern Methodist University
Host Country: USA
Institution(s): Southern Methodist University
Eligible Nationality:US Citizens
Degree Level: Undergraduate