The Czech republic scholarship programs in accordance to decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic are granted to promote specific Bachelor’s, Master’s, follow-up Master’s and/or Doctoral study program in the full-time mode of study of a specific study program pursued by a university for a period that equals the regular duration of studies. Scholarships are not transferable to other persons or other academic years.
The Government of Czech Republic hereby announces the offer of scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance to support the study of citizens of developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship.
Scholarship origin: Czech Republic
Scholarship area: Postgraduate (PhD and Masters)
Scholarships slot available: Several
Scholarship value: Tuition fees, monthly stipend of CZK 14,000 – CZK 15,000
Subject Eligible: Courses tenable at a public university in Czech Republic
Scholarship Sponsor: Czech Republic Government
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from the developing countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Georgia, Cambodia, Moldova, Ukraine, Zambia.
Requirements and Selection Criteria For Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Developing Countries.
applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for a doctoral scholarship must have obtained relevant master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities as evident in their academic credentials.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conducts of students at universities in Czech Republic.
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries who are passionate about obtaining a postgraduate degree in their respective field of study.
- Applicants for a master’s scholarship must have obtained good grades in relevant course from a recognized university or its equivalent.
Application Procedures for the Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Developing Countries 2021
Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award.
Prospective applicants are to fill an electronic application form before the application deadline of the year prior to the given academic year.
Applicants must ensure that they provide correct details about themselves and also attach necessary supporting documents.
Application closing date: 30th September, 2020