University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most comprehensive university institution and is well recognized globally for excellence in research and quality education.
University of Adelaide focuses to produce a university culture that appraises health, safety and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures and operational strategies.
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) are open for pursuing higher degree by research (masters/doctoral) at University of Adelaide. International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders, the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6-month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
- An annual living allowance AUD$27,596, for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honors degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrollment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature is ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrollment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.