This government scholarship is for high performing students possessing excellent academic track records, who wish to undertake an Undergraduate, Masters & Research study program in Japan. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) is offering scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate and Masters students under the Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT) Programme for 2021.
Fields of Study:
Applicants who wants to apply for undergraduate studies must choose a field of major from (1) or (2) below
- Social Sciences and Humanities: Social Sciences and Humanities-A: Laws, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language, and others. Social Sciences and Humanities-B: Economics and Business Administration.
- Natural Sciences: Natural Sciences-A: Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), Electrical and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering), Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture), Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering), Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering), and other fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology). Natural Sciences-B: Agricultural studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries), Hygienic studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing), and Science (Biology). Natural Sciences-C: Medicine, and Dentistry.
Postgraduate applicants should apply for the field of study they majored in at university or its related field.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. Selection is conducted at facilities such as the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General (hereinafter “Japanese legation”) located in the country of the applicant’s nationality. (This shall not necessarily be applied in cases where one embassy covers multiple nations.)
- Health: Applicants must be free from any mental or physical disabilities that would be an impediment to the
pursuit of university study.
- Military personnel or military civilian employees at the time of arriving in Japan are not eligible.
- Availability on arriving in Japan by April/ October 2020
- Age: Research Student: Applicants generally must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
Undergraduate Student: Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1995 and April 1, 2003.
College of Technology Student: Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1995 and April 1, 2003.
Specialised Training College Student: Applicants generally must have been born between April 2, 1995 and April 1, 2003.
vi) Research Student: Undergraduate Degree holders from universities and/or colleges with a total mark of Second Class Upper Division or higher. Applicants for this program must submit a complete research proposal at the time of applying Undergraduate Student: Highschool graduate with a mathmatic score of B3 or higher.
- Allowance: The amount of the scholarship disbursement per month has yet to be determined.
- Transportation to Japan
- Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for travel from the New Tokyo International Airport or any other international airport that the appointed university usually uses to the international airport nearest to his/her home address
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be provided by the Japanese Government.
Closing date: 31st July, 2020