Brief Description of the Scholarship:
Massey University is a world-leading university in New Zealand offers a range of degree at bachelor, master and doctoral level. It delivers research-led teaching and research training across the country and the world. It provides a high level of support to all international students.
Massey University is pleased to offer the PhD Positions at School of Fundamental Sciences for students from a background in plant biology or in fungal biology with interest in plant biology.
International applicants who have a degree or expect to hold a high-grade Honours or Masters-level degree (or equivalent) in relevant life sciences are eligible to apply.
This project aims to discover how plant resistance strategies affect disease development of three fungi, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum, Ciborinia camelliae and Botrytis cinerea.
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all nationalities are welcome
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for PhD study in Plant Pathology subject offered by Massey,
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Have a background 1) in plant biology with a genuine interest in disease resistance or 2) in fungal biology with interest in plant biology
- Relevant experience in bioinformatics and molecular biology is an advantage
- Applicants should hold, or expect to hold, a high-grade Honours or Masters-level degree (or equivalent) in relevant life sciences
The scholarship has a value of $25,000 NZD tax-free p/a plus PhD registration fees (Currently approx. $7,800 NZD for international and domestic students) for up to 3 years.
- How to Apply: Questions and applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: Applications should include a full CV, a cover letter outlining your interests in relation to this research, and the names and contact details of two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have, or expect to hold, a high-grade Honours or Masters-level degree (or equivalent) in relevant life sciences.
- Language Requirement: International applicants must meet the Massey University English language requirement for postgraduate studies.
Sponsored by: Massey University
Funding: Partly Funded
Host Country: New Zealand
Institution(s): Massey University
Eligible Nationality: International Students
Degree Level: PhD