The Australia Government sponsors a number of African students on annual basis to study in Australian Universities and some selected African Universities on fully funded scholarship award. Application for the 2020/2021 batch has commenced. Applications are now being received from suitably qualified and interested persons for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021. Application portal for the awards officially opens October 2019 and will close on 6 December 2019 for those applying for masters awards while application for short courses will close on 17 January 2020.
The Australian Awards Scholarships are awarded in two categories namely;
- Masters to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level. And
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Priority Fields: The follow fields of studies are focus field usually considered for the award. These may vary by countries.
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Scholarships are usually fully funded covering cost of tuition, feeding and accommodation, airfares, books, research cost, internship and extra stipends for upkeep. Funding is usually to the tone of $50000 and above dependent on the proposed course of study.
All subjects tenable in any of the selected institutions/university.
International students from Africa
Eligibility /Selection Criteria
- Applicant must be citizen of an eligible African country
- Applicant must possess a minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Applicant must be a mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Applicant must meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Applicant must demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Applicant must satisfy English Language proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Applicant must satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Sponsored by: Australian Government
Funding: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Country: Australia
Institution(s): Universities in Australia
Eligible Nationality: International students
Degree Level: Masters Degree